Special Feature: 9 Essential Resolutions for Long-Term Success
This article is available until January 22, 2017
It's the New Year, a time for fresh thinking, turning over a new leaf, tackling that nagging goal, and resolving to lick that annoying habit or problem once and for all. This is the perfect time to make your Benevon New Year's resolutions.
What could you resolve to do in 2017 that will help you grow what you have been working so hard to build—and this time do it even better than before?
Here are nine suggested resolutions you could adopt this year. These are taken from the top nine "mea culpa" mistakes we hear from our workshop alumni, because they know these are essential factors for long-term success with our model.
- We will hold at least two "sizzling" monthly Point of Entry Events per month with at least ten guests for all twelve months of the year. Each Point of Entry Event will be hosted by a volunteer Ambassador.
- I will ensure that the Follow-Up Calls are made to every Point of Entry guest within two to three days of the event. These calls will be made by a staff member who met and talked with the guest at the Point of Entry. Furthermore, all notes from the Follow-Up Calls will be entered into a database tracking system that is easy to use by everyone on the team.
- From the Follow-Up Calls, at least one guest from every Point of Entry Event will agree to become an Ambassador in the next three months. That's how we'll know that our Point of Entry Events are "sizzling."
- Every Table Captain at our Free One-Hour Ask Event will have been an Ambassador in the prior year.
- At least 40% of the guests at our Ask Event each year will have attended a Point of Entry Event in the prior twelve months.
- Prior to our next Ask Event, we will have secured a Challenge or Leadership Gift equal to or exceeding the top multiple-year Unit of Service in our Multiple-Year Giving Society (either $10,000 or $25,000 for five years).
- At least 10% of our 2017 Ask Event attendees will join our Multiple-Year Giving Society, and our lowest Unit of Service will be $1,000 per year for five years.
- One hundred percent of our board members will be donors (of any amount) to our organization. We will have at least two in-person or phone cultivation contacts with each of our Multiple-Year Giving Society Donors. In each of these contacts, we will have a real two-way dialog with each donor where they will feel they have been listened to—not just talked to.
- We will have at least two Free Feel-Good Cultivation Events this year, and at least 50% of our Multiple-Year Giving Society Donors will attend one of these events.
Contact Benevon today to learn how the Benevon Model for nonprofit fundraising can help you develop an effective fundraising campaign and cultivate committed lifelong donors.
Printer-friendly version of this page